Erik and I coached Jake’s T ball team (all 4 year olds).
What did we get ourselves into??? It really was fun but a bit nutty and what I
would imagine it is like herding cats. Good news is that everyone one of our
players learned how to run the bases. Bad news is that many didn’t get the concept
of dropping the bat and just ran with it. Fielding was an issue as half of the
kids all ran to the ball at once and the other half had no clue the ball was
even hit into the field. I do have to say by the last game great improvements
were made and the kids did start to get the concept of fielding and playing a
position. One poor kid even took a line drive to the face, but he cried for
about two minutes and then was back on the field. We had a few kids that were
wonder and at times with a bat in hand. Note to those who coach 4 year old T
ball kids should wear a helmet at all times with a face mask….Wait maybe hockey
gear. We also had the big head team, but I guess that was expected considering
the Hehl family heads. We had to plan the batting order based on head size
because we had so many kids who only fit into the large helmets. Yes Jake was
one of those kids. The kids had a lot of fun and I think learned a little about
baseball. I had so much fun I let my friend Claudia talk me in to coaching a fall
soccer team with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment