Friday, July 19, 2013

I must say the beaches of Long Island are very relaxing!

We are now home from an absolutely amazing vacation in the Hamptons (well we stayed on the edge in Riverhead). And no we didn't see any famous people. The second day we drove out to Montauk Point to see the light house. I had no idea it was commissioned by Pres. Washington. Jake climbed the light house not once, but twice.



We were then off to the beaches of Hither Hills for the afternoon. It was a very nice beach and there were some waves but not too big. Jake learned to love boogie boarding even when he got knocked over by the wave. He just got up with a smile on his face and said he loved boogie boarding! He basically spent the entire day in the water. Nellie was a little unsure of the waves, but enjoyed spending the day in the beach tent snacking her way through the day.


Those of you that know about my feet issues will be surprised to know I learned to almost like the sand on my feet. 


Erik had to calm me down when some people set up right in front of us. I really wanted to go say something to them but Erik held me back. The beach wasn't that crowed so there was plenty of room for them to set up elsewhere. (Ok, I will let it go already.)

Before Photo

Obstructed View Photo (Yes I did have to photograph it!)

We stopped in East Hampton for a nice dinner at Rowdy Hall. The food was great, very reasonable, had  a great selection of draft beers, and was very kid friendly. The fish and chips was the best I have ever had and Nellie ate almost as much of the fish as I did.



Our third day was spent at the best beach we visited. Pat, Maria, and Emily took us to their favorite beach, Cupsogue Beach. Wow, was it a nice beach. The waves were a little bigger than the day before but Jake was ready for them and spent most of the day in the water riding half the waves and getting knocked down by the other half. Nellie seemed to enjoy the ocean and waves a little more as well. However, she still managed to snack her way through the day. Our beach tent is now called "Nellie's Snack Shack".  To my happiness a group of four ladies almost set up in front of us but one of them said that it would be rude to do that when there was plenty of room on the beach. I got up and thanked her! An enormous amount of fun was had by all!


 Here it comes
 Getting ready
Ride 


 Keep your head above the water
Over taken by the wave
 Made it!















 Taking it all in for one last time.
 Sad to leave the beach!
 So tired!

No comments: