Friday, November 16, 2012
Jake's Parent Teacher Conference
I am often filled with a sense of pride being Jake's Mom. During our recent parent teacher conference my sense of pride and honor of being the parent of such an amazing boy increased even more! We are very lucky that Jake gets to attend the Montessori School of Syracuse. This amazing school has helped Jake develop into an intelligent, kind, and caring boy. It was instantly clear at the start of the conference how much Jake's teachers enjoy him. The teachers indicated that Jake is liked by all the kids in his class and works well with others. They also described Jake as a very willing and excited learner who is able to concentrate and organize his work at a level exceeding what would be expected for a student his age. Seeing Jake's love of learning is wonderful and we have his teachers and MSS to thank for that! Jake is known as caring deeply about "justice" and gets very upset if a classmate is not following the rules or if one student isn't treating another student appropriately. His teachers also noted that Jake works VERY intensely and they often try to pair him with a "calmer" student when completing group work. I have no idea where Jake gets his intensity and desire to follow the rules..... Jake is very into his number work and doing very well with his addition. The other morning without prompting or using his fingers when I was talking to Erik about how many people were coming over and that we could eat in shifts of 5 and then 6, Jake then stated "or we all eat together and set the table for 11."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
The rainbow is he best part of that picture! You're right, Jake is awesome! I was also thinking that you should subtitle your blog : "Raising Hehls" or "Hehl Raising in CNY"...just crossed my mind and thought I'd share.
MISS YOU at DMS!!
Love the Raising Hehls! You are so cleaver. I miss working with you too!
Post a Comment