We were luck to plan our ski weekend at Gore to coincide
with the first day of spring skiing.
Saturday was a top 5 day of skiing.
The ski was so blue and we could see Mt. Marcy and Vermont from the top
of the mountain. We rented this really
nice place right near the Gore. The
weekend was perfect and enjoyed by the Hehls, TT, Uncle Dave, and Filosa
Family.
Friday Jake and Erik went off for an adventure and Nellie and I had a quite day to ourselves. We went for a nice walk.
Friday night we went out for dinner and met up with Monica,
as we were in her
“hood”.
“hood”.
Then we got up early on Saturday
to hit the slopes. I must confess that I
was up by 5:30 because I was so excited.
By 7am I was so wound up that everyone else had just about enough of me
and wanted me to walk to the mountain to burn off some of my excitement.
Jake was very excited to ride the gondola and wanted to go
right to the top. One of the great
things about Gore is that there is a blue trail off every lift so Jake could
easily make it down from the top. When
we got off the gondola Uncle Dave suggested to Jake that we start off easy with
a green, but Jake replayed with a strong no and took off for the blue square
sign.
Uncle Dave and I decided to go on your own for a while so we
could bomb the mountain. We found this
really great trail that if you opened up you could catch air a few times on
some of the drop offs. Love it! We met up with the whole crew at lunch. After lunch Erik went off with Uncle Dave and
I went with Jake, Emily, and Pat. After
a few runs I got a text from Erik to meet up at the bottom of the gondola. When we reached him I asked him why he wasn’t
skiing with Uncle Dave any more and he told me that he just couldn’t keep up
with Uncle Dave. You go Uncle Dave! So Erik and Pat went off and Jake, Emily and
I skied together. What made this the
perfect day was that I got to bomb the mountain in the morning with Uncle Dave
and then spend the afternoon helping Jake and Emily get better. Emily has only skied a few times and was very
nervous to venture to the blue trails but after a few runs she was ready and
trusted me enough to try some harder trails.
She did great. Spending the
morning with the person that taught me to ski and then teaching Jake and Emily
in the afternoon made for a perfect day!
Around 3, I decided that it was time to stop. Jake’s little legs could hardly hold him
up. We had skied hard since 9am with
only a short lunch break. When I told
Jake we were done for the day he started to cry. I bribed him with a cranberry juice on the
sunny deck of the lodge. As we had a
drink and waited for Uncle Dave we chatted with a few people. Finally Uncle Dave showed up and told us that
he was the last one to ride the lift up the hill. He is an animal. Look below to see how tired he was at
8pm. When I finally got Jake to go to
bed after he played a few games with Emily he told me “Mommy, I will lay here
but I am not going to go to sleep.” I am
pretty sure he was sleeping before I shut his door.
Jake wanted to play hide and seek. Playing hide and seek with a 4 year old is one of lives greatest joys. He is either laughing or telling the looker where to find him. I decided to hide in the closet and I didn't think I was going to get out. I wasn't as limber as I thought I was after a day of skiing. Jake was scared that I wouldn't get out too.


No comments:
Post a Comment