Wow what a Christmas. I think 4 years old is the prime age for the spirit of Christmas. We got the into the spirit of the season with the Peace Celebration at Jake’s school. This is a wonderful event in which different families share their religious or ethnic celebrations. Mixed into the sharing is the children signing all the songs they have learned throughout the year so far. It is a mixture of songs in english and in french.
After the Peace Celebration we moved on to making Christmas cookies. This was a three day event for Jake and I. We made gingerbread-man and snowman sugar cookies. We ended up with more of them in the “hospital”. Jake and I developed a pretty good surgical repair technique with red icing. Even if they looked a little worse for the wear they still tasked good.
To get us into the spirit even more we got a lot of snow that allowed for some winter fun of sledding and skiing.
For Christmas eve we had Uncle Dave, Aunt Lisa, Ally, Grandma, and TT over for a meal that included 7 fishes. Christmas eve day was marked by the flu really knocking Erik out. He spent the entire day in bed and got up to eat a little bit. Uncle Dave said the meal was “slamming” so I guess it was pretty darn good.
Grandma talking with the Florida Latours on Skype.
Cookies and milk for Santa
The entire week before Christmas Jake got up around 5:30. We had spend all of December using and two advent calendars to keep track of how many days before Christmas. Jake attended to the calendars faithfully every morning when he woke up. He as so charged up before Christmas I thought for sure he wouldn’t sleep Christmas Eve. When he went to bed it said he didn’t want to read books because we needed to go right to sleep so Santa would come. He was worried about what would happen if Santa came while I was up feeding Nellie. I had to promise not to go down stairs. I guess I was pretty excited about Santa as I was up at 6am. Everyone else slept for another hour. Just after 7 I hear Jake’s feet hit the floor and run down the hall at full speed.
Jake’s Christmas list included Lego City, Lego City, and more Lego City. He got his wish! When Jake was first checking out what was under the tree he went to Nellie stocking first to tell her what she got. The love that Jake has for Nellie is beyond words! Poor Erik was only able to get out of bed for about an hour. Jake played all day with his legos. Christmas dinner was nice but quite as it was Jake, TT, Nellie, and me. You know Erik is sick when he doesn’t even get out of bed to eat a nice roast.
With the exception of Erik being sick it was an absolutely AMAZING Christmas.
The end result of the Lego Christmas vacation!

No comments:
Post a Comment