

I guess we picked the wrong year to get a season's pass for Labrador Mountain and buy Jake skies for Christmas. Regardless of our lack of snow the mountain has a few trails open so we decided to take our first runs yesterday. I was up very early because I was so excited to take Jake skiing. We took him once last year but are going go as many weekends and snow days (if we ever get one) as possible this year. Skiing might just be my favorite activity so I am anxious to share my love of skiing with Jake. After we took a few runs with Jake on the bunny slope I decided that my back couldn't handle a morning of teaching him. Plus we noticed some very capable instructors so we signed him up for lessons. He went with the instructor willingly and began to learn about the pizza and french fries. Jake did well the first few runs and I think he teacher over estimated his abilities a little and decide to let Jake ahead of her. Well that didn't work out to well. The speed demon Jake suddenly forgot about the pizza to slow down dispute all of us yelling it at him. He gained speed quickly and headed for the tow rope. Luckily he ducked under the rope, as he was pretty much in the tuck position. Just past the rope tow he was stopped by the snow fence. When his instructor and I reached him and took off his skies he slipped under the snow fence. He was not hurt and didn't even flinch, but rather asked to have his skies put back on and go up again. That's my kid!!!!! After Jake was settled in with his lesson Erik and I went off to take a few runs ourselves. After lunch I thought Jake might be tired and ready to go home but he demanded we hit the slopes again and finally we had to pretty much drag him off the mountain. Lets pray for a long winter!
1 comment:
Good thing you have nerves of steel - watching your kid fly down the slope into an obstacle must be scary! He'll be a super ski partner for the black diamonds before you know it! Also, the snow will come big time with artic air and warm lakes - just wait!
Post a Comment