Friday, February 25, 2011

First Time Skiing

Anyone that knows me knows what a freak I am about skiing. Skiing is my favorite sport and I love to just bomb the hill. I actually don't remember learning how to ski but I am told I was doing it at three. I know Jake is only 2 and a half, but crazy me thought lets give it a try, and Erik was with me on this idea. I know it could have been a total disaster, but it so wasn't. We went to this really little ski hill call Four Seasons about 5 minutes from our house. Plus Erik has won two free lift tickets so Mr. Budget was game for taking this chance as it was economical. We rented Jake equipment. I knew he was a natural when as soon as I got his boat on he got right up and walked like he had sneakers on (well almost). He even navigated stairs on them. Anyone that has spent anytime in ski boots knows this is no easy task. Then we took to the hill and Jake loved the "magic carpet" that took us up the lift, as he thought it was a train. We ended up taking four runs down the mountain and I think he would have gone more. One of our trips down I stopped for a minute and Jake yelled "No stopping Mommy! Go fast now!" We plan to take him out a few more times this year. By next year at this time he will be bombing the mountain. Body Miller - Who is that? Jake Hehl has arrived!


















No comments: