Monday, August 10, 2009

Feeding Myself

Jake is asserting his independence and likes to feed himself. He is good at feeding himself if we put the food on the spoon and then let him take over at that point. However the other day that was just not enough for Jake so we decided to let him just go for it. He was doing ok so Erik and I turned away for a second to eat some of our own meal and Jake managed to pick up the bowl that is suctioned to his try (I struggle to get this bowl off the tray sometimes when it is suctioned, so clearly Jake is stronger and smarter than me.). I guess that using the spoon was just taking too long for our boy who loves his yogurt. Jake just picked up the bowl and to dump the yogurt in his mouth. He was very proud of himself!


Piggy Face!



In other news in our house we were lucky to get a visit from Aunt Devon whom Jake loves to hang out with. Grandpa Ho was kind enough to drive Devon up. We even got a little girl time in and went to a concert and left Jake in the wonderful care of Grandpa at Erik's baseball game. I also got my first teaching job so we went out to dinner to celebrate with my Mom. Jake decided to use the time while we were waiting for the check to take a little stroll with Dad. As you can see from the second picture Jake is trying to walk alone. He has taken a few steps on his own but still picks crawling most of the time.



1 comment:

The Wells Family Antics said...

Is that when I got the "drunk text"?