Monday, December 8, 2008

Winter it finally here!







It is cold here in CNY but all it well. We are all feeling much better. Jake is still on medication for the next few days but seems to be doing very well, although he was never very cranky with his ear infection. Jake has slept through the night (11pm – 6am) twice in the last three nights. He is also almost able to roll over. From his back he can get himself to his left side but not all the way to his stomach. Twice he has rolled to his back during tummy time but I think it was totally by accident. He continues to make new noises and be very vocal.
Jake made it through his first set of shots, but I (Jess) almost didn’t. I had to give myself shots everyday during pregnancy but almost threw up when I saw the nurse give a shot to Jake. At his two month check up the doctor re-evaluated the hemangioma he has on his back. This type of birth mark is fairly common and usually gets bigger in the first year of life and eventually goes away. His has been growing, but appears to be growing inward more than outward. It is also close to his spine and the doctor wants to make sure it is not putting pressure on or interfering with the spine. Therefore, the doctor wants him to have an MRI. His doctor is not too worried and says that she is just playing it on the safe side. The doctor’s office scheduled it and then I began to worry and talk to people with a health care connection about it. After much talk and great advice I changed the appointment to be done at Upstate Hospital and not an outpatient facility since he has to be put under sedation. After a few sleepless nights worrying last week I feel much better now that he is having it done at Upstate. I can’t thank Cindy enough (a lady I play hockey with who works in imaging at Upstate and pulled some strings to get Jake in there quicker than normal) as well as all the others who listened and gave me advice (Colleen, Jenny, Sarah and Beth). Jake’s appointment is now Dec. 29th. We take him to the dermatologist this week (thurs. Dec. 11). I am feeling confident that things will be just fine. We will keep you posted.

No comments: